Participating in water aerobics exercises has been shown in research published by the Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation in September 2014 to have numerous benefits, including reduced pain, improved physical function and higher overall quality of life.
Pool (aquatic) exercise provides many benefits, including an ideal environment to exercise throughout the year. The buoyancy of the water supports a portion of your body weight making it easier to move in the water and improve your flexibility. The water also provides resistance to movements, which helps to strengthen muscles.
Pool exercises can also improve agility, balance, and cardiovascular fitness. Many types of conditions greatly benefit from pool exercise, including arthritis, fibromyalgia, back pain, joint replacements, neurological, and balance conditions. The pool environment also reduces the risk of falls when compared to exercise on land.
- When your body is immersed up to your waist, you are bearing approximately 50 percent of your body weight.
- The viscosity of water provides more resistance than air and allows you to exercise at a higher intensity with less impact on the body.
- Water’s buoyancy allows you to move more easily, with less stress on muscles and joints; this “support” aids in freedom of movement, which helps to increase flexibility and balance.
J-Rocks Boxing uses a variety of aquatic fitness equipment for our customized aquatic workouts. We create workouts based on clients physical restrictions, and/or target areas or weaknesses noted in the gym (core/ab work, strength, power, agility). Our aquatic workouts are held in our onsite pool, or we can come to your pool location.
WATER AEROBICS (2-3 CLIENTS MAX) $20 per person
This 30-minute aquatic workout is broken down into two sets, with each set consisting of cardio-wall work, upper-body and core exercises, and cardio running
AQUA BOXING $25 PER SESSION
Combine the benefits of water resistance with the fun and energy of cardio boxing in this Aqua Boxing class. Gain new skills as you boost your overall fitness, performing basic offensive and defensive boxing moves. Combine strength training with self-defense motions, including kick variations. Increase your endurance, agility and coordination as well as balance and core stability.
WHY USE AQUATIC DRAG RESISTANCE EQUIPMENT?
Our Aquatic Fitness System products capitalize on "the principle of fluid omni-directional drag resistance" in water. In fluid dynamics, drag, refers to forces that act on a solid object in the direction of the relative fluid flow velocity. This simply means, being able to work a muscle group equally and smoothly in any direction.
The water provides the ultimate environment for low impact training for all ages. By reducing the load on your body, our clients experience the ability to workout at a higher intensity, without the pain, because YOU create and control the level of resistance at which you work.
Training in the water will help you reach your full potential by allowing you to safely progress much faster then you would with traditional land based exercise. Our Aquatic Fitness System offers a diverse array of aquatic exercise equipment that can be utilized to treat a wide variety of patient conditions. It is ideal for the treatment of shoulder, elbow, hip, knee and lower back conditions.
Aquatic exercise will leave you feeling rejuvenated, not beat up. Burn fat and tone up to be the best version of yourself. LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!!!
RAPID RECUPERATION AND RECOVERY
- Regain your range of motion and strength without "over doing it"
- Avoid joint stiffness and minimize the build-up of scar tissue, getting you back in the game
- Rather than immobilization, reconditioning and the reintroduction of many movements can begin sooner
- Infinite degrees of recovery variability in not only resistance, but movement patterns as well
- Return to readiness weeks or even months faster than land based rehabilitation
MUSCULAR DEVELOPMENT AND ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE
- Dynamic omni-directional rotational force of multi-planned stretching and strengthening, teaches the body to store elastic energy
- Unparalleled effectiveness in the establishment of sport relevant strength potential
- Train at the highest intensity while keeping the impact to a minimum, yielding faster recovery from your last heavy workout - Eliminate delayed onset muscle soreness
- Training key muscle and joint actions that effect sports specific movement, thus enabling dramatic improvements in speed, quickness, power & sports specific skills